Monday, January 11, 2010

A new News page and blog

After judging my original "News" page on the website inadequate to the task of sharing long thoughts, updates, photos and other tidbits, I've decided to start up a blog. So, voilĂ . Here's to upcoming pictures and posts and huzzah-worthy things.

Here are the posts from the past year, just in case anyone's curious:
A belated Happy New Year!
Welcome to 2010! With the advent of this new year and new decade (or not--see rollover debate ca. 1999) comes a lot of new ideas and new energy. I've been very busy this past week revamping my space now that it's no longer shared (YAY!) and adding my own sense of flair to it. I got my camera back after month without it, so I'll be taking pictures soon to share. I'm thinking of starting a blog to replace this News page. I'm revamping and reorganizing and replenishing, and there's a lot of hope for a bright and bursting year.

December 25, 2009
Merry Christmas! Closed for the rest of the year...
Due to scheduling conflicts and time with family, Abundance Massage is temporarily closed. The office will reopen on Monday, January 4, 2010. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! May they be wonderful and bring you new joy.

Also, I have a new logo. Is it not nifty? :D

November 1, 2009
We're open! (Finally)
Thanks to a lovely battle with bronchial crud, the re-opening was delayed a month, but we're in business now! Huzzah! Again, I'm working at Giuseponi, Etc Hair Design in downtown Sebastopol. See Hours for more information.
In other news, November is National Adoption Month. I will be collecting new, clean receiving blankets for donation up until the 21st. Everyone who donates will receive a $10 discount on a one-hour massage for themselves or a loved one. Count your blessings this month, and pay it forward to babies in need.

October 1, 2009
Reopening!
I jumped off the below-mentioned office job wagon a couple of months ago, and after some fiddling, hemming, and hawing, I've found a great new situation that I am really excited about: Giuseponi, Etc. salon in downtown Sebastopol. I just have a few hoops to jump through and a paper or two to sign before I'm ready to start scheduling appointments again and taking on doula clients, as well! Yay!

May 4, 2009
Temporarily closed
Economic downturn being what it is, I recently jumped at the chance for a part-time office job in the mornings before school because money's a nice thing to have. Between that and classes, I currently have no regular time before evenings in order to do massage and I can't be on-call as a doula. However, I plan to use a good portion of the money I'm earning to prepare myself to really be thrown into my vision. I'm going to do some continuing education, renew my insurance, and start looking for a new office to rent. But for the time being, the table is folded up and the hands are off-duty. Watch this space for further updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment