Wednesday, January 27, 2010

CEIM Training

Since taking a two weekend workshop about six years ago in massage school, I've wanted to certify in Infant Massage instruction.  I was turned on to a training happening in Sonoma next month which I can't go to, but with a little more digging I found another in March that's a few miles from my sister's house.  I am jazzed by the prospect of finally realizing yet another part of my dream, and torn at the same time that it might all be too much at once to handle.  However I feel like the past week has given me at least two or three tools that I need to get myself put together in short order, if I'll just put the principles I've learned to work.  I've been provided for when the time came so often in the past, I know it works.  I've seen it happen.  So I'm going to put it up and out there once again.

I really want to attend this training.  I want to meet this goal  It's the closest, least expensive training that I've seen in 2010.  The next is Palo Alto in April, but I'd have to rent a hotel room.  Going to Citrus Heights will save me that expense, and I can spend time with my sister and her family.  So it comes down to money:  I need $650 for the registration.

That means I need to work, sell, or beg.  I would prefer the first two, but I must confess that I'm not above the third.  Obviously, I'm putting myself out there in other was than relying on this blog, but every little bit counts.

When it comes down to it, I basically need to do ten one-hour (paid, not trade) massages in the next month and hoarde that money like Ebenezer Scrooge McDuck!  (I know, I'm so clever that Dickens and Disney are both rolling in their graves.)  So if anyone out there can find it in their hearts and in their pocket books to help me out here, please help me realize my vision of helping families bond after birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment