Sunday, September 12, 2010

Adieu to No-Poo

This post is not scatological, I promise.

I've been doing No-Poo for about six months now (it was one of the first posts on this blog) and the first couple of months, I really enjoyed it.  However, about half way between then and now, I stopped having the same spiffy results.  I've carried on boldly in spite of it, figuring that I had caused it by shampooing after Independence Day and it just had to stabilize, but that never really happened.  My hair simply continued feeling grimy and heavy.

Therefore, today I gave up the baking soda and lemon water, and bought some Lavender-Ylang ylang shampoo and conditioner.  I lathered twice, and I think it may taken another application to get back to the texture I like, but I'm feeling much more normal, now.

So after my six month experiment, I'll say this: As a once-in-a-while thing, maybe it wouldn't be so bad.  If I get to a time in my life where I must live on a shoe string, I know I can get by with baking soda and lemons for at least part of my hygiene routine.  Actually with various scarves and bandanas, I can cover any bad hair days, too.  All hail the lazy!  But no-poo wasn't a horrible way to b for a while, and I feel confident that I gave it a good, fair try out.

Jena Vincent of Abundance Massage

No comments:

Post a Comment