Sunday, October 10, 2010

Green Drink Riff

Why is it a riff? I don't know. I'm certainly not making fun, just... taking off the idea. Anyway!

So, my lovely friend Rachel is doing what she has dubbed "365 Project Green Drink" where she'll concoct and post the recipe to a green drink every day for the next year.  That got the brain cogs turning.  Then last night as I was deciding what to take to read during, I ran across a very thin pamphlet I bought years ago and never read, called "Midwifery & Herbs".  I poked through it curiously and ran across a section titled "Anemia and Chlorophyll".  This piqued my interest since I've been prescribed chlorophyll before for the treatment of anemia.  From the anecdotes shared in the section, I realized how quickly it works in building blood and decided to give it another go, knowing I had a bottle in the fridge.

The only problem with chlorophyll (for me) is the intensity of its "green" flavor.  So, vague inspired by Rachel, I decided to raid the fridge for frozen fruit and orange juice.  So here's my "recipe"

2 "bunch"es of frozen strawberries
1 "bunch" of frozen peaches
6-8 chunks of fresh watermelon
1 1/2 small bottles of OJ
2-3 pours of chlorophyll until the mixture turned a nice dark-medium green

I know, so precise.  That's how I roll.  Either way, the fruitiness was sufficient to mask the chlorophyll flavor, and I'm now considering an experiment with dried seaweed in a similar application for the iodine content.  Yum!  Thanks, Rachel!

Jena Vincent of Abundance Massage

No comments:

Post a Comment