Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Ninja Gratitude "Death" from Above

I love doing this to other people, but this is the first time it has ever happened to me.

I opened my Facebook late this morning and saw that I had an email from an old friend that I haven't really talked to all that much for quite a long time, in spite of being pretty good friends with her younger sister. (I am an admittedly "craptastic FB friend" right on my profile page, so... you know.) Anyway, so I opened the email and I get a longer-than-expected letter broken down into four parts.

  1. Praises and appreciation for my work in doing infant massage and doulary and helping women taking charge of their births.  She calls me Heaven-sent.
  2. She enjoys the links I share, especially the "crunchy" ones, and do I have any recommendations for learning about herbs?
  3. I had posted a link about circumcision once that lead her to learning more, and she is committed to leaving her son(s) intact when/if that happens.
  4. Stuff replying to a post I had written on a forum that she just joined.  (If you're reading this, I will find you, girl. ;) )
I was rendered mentally and physically speechless for more than five minutes.  All I could do was just be so flattered and grateful, and cry.  Like I said, I love dropping a G(ratitude)-bomb on other people, but it has never happened to me.  (Actually I take that back, it has happened, but never this intensely.)  I knew I had my contingent of "crunchy" friends, and it has recently grown after a few wonderful discoveries, but this one took me 100% by surprise.  And somewhere out in the world, stuff I've done or said has made an unexpected impact for good.  I couldn't ask for more.  This wasn't a G-bomb, it was a G-Ninja, right to the heart.

What a great way to start the day.  Awesome. :D

Jena Vincent of Abundance Massage

No comments:

Post a Comment