Friday, April 2, 2010

My first experiences with the bodyCushion

My bodyCushion arrived the day of my last blog post and I've had the chance to use it a couple of times now.  The first thing I noticed was that I had to lower my table a lot.  The legs are on their second lowest setting, and  I'm considering putting them all the way down, something I haven't done in six years since my Structural Bodywork courses.  Not only will this will make it easier for clients to climb onto the table, but it will also make my body mechanics a little better.

Speaking of body mechanics, one of the primary reasons I bought the bC was the purported 50% reduction in therapist energy expenditure.  For me, that's a huge difference, and I have to say that I did feel like I wasn't putting out quite as much force to do my work.  I still have to fine tune my technique in working with this new tool, but so far I'm optimistic.  I also enjoy a few minutes flopped on the contraption, myself.  It's still pretty comfy, in spite of my considerable size, and it's the most gently effective lumbar stretch I've ever had.  I want to buy one for home use, honestly.

That being said, the contraption did not work for my mother in either prone or side-lying position.  I tried several adjustments for her and nothing worked better than the face cradle on my table, flipped up on the table top to support her face or a foam pillow (depending on her position.)  I really wanted it to, but it was not to be.  Alas, it's not for everyone, but what is?  However, I think working on my nail technician went very well, and I can't wait to get her feedback on the experience later.

Hopefully as I work more with this product, I will have much more to say.



Jena Vincent of Abundance Massage

No comments:

Post a Comment