Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Unexpected delay

As I alluded to a couple of posts ago, I visited my grandparents last week.  Most of us who have been watching her overall condition over the past couple of years can tell that she is not long for this world and I take every available opportunity to see her.  It turned out that she had been sick recently, and passed it on to Grandpa, and lo and behold... both my father and I also contracted a nasty bout of norovirus, too.  (The nasty class of bugs people often get on cruises (and in nursing homes) also known as viral gastroenteritis.)  It really put a damper on the whole feasting portion of Thanksgiving.

I am feeling much better and had plans to return to work yesterday until I received that diagnosis from my family doctor.  After further investigation, I don't anticipate actually returning to work until at least Thursday, with a highly likelihood of it being next week.  I'm a little annoyed by that, since I was anticipating the arrival of my Square this week and getting to use it, but I'm more concerned with public health than playing with a new gadget.  The iPod necessary to make it work arrived on Friday, and I've gotten my massage music loaded on it, so as soon as I am back to work, I will be accepting all major credit cards on-site.

Hope everyone is happy and healthy.  Be well!

Jena Vincent of Abundance Massage

No comments:

Post a Comment